It’s possible that a participant may not be able to qualify for Early, Unreduced Early, or Normal Pension in active service because of his total disability. A special Plan benefit is intended to provide a pension benefit to such an eligible disabled participant.
35. How disabled must I be in order to receive a Disability Pension?
You must be so disabled that you are entitled to receive a Social Security Disability monthly pension and do not work.
36. What are the other requirements for entitlement to a Disability Pension?
- You must make application for the pension;
- You must not have received an Early, Unreduced Early, or Normal Pension under the Plan on your date of disability;
- You must not be on Deferred Pension Status on your date of disability, and;
- You must meet the service requirement.
37. What is the service requirement for a Disability Pension?
You must have at least 5 years of Credited Service.
38. What is the size of the Disability Pension?
The amount of the monthly Disability Pension is calculated in the same way as the Normal Pension.